New Path Adventures (NPA) in Houston, Texas is a ministry to reach, rescue and restore at-risk teens between the ages of 13 and 17. Working closely with Juvenile probation officers, NPA’s goal is to reach juveniles on probation and youth rescued from human trafficking using wilderness and adventure-based programs. Once these youth have been reached, NPA strives to rescue them with the Gospel of Jesus Christ and God’s love while on that adventure, and continue to walk with them as they are restored to healthy relationships with God, family and society.
more about this project
You have 0 Item(s) in Your Cart.View Cart
The youth are selected by their probation officers and receive a full scholarship to attend one of NPA’s non-punitive, voluntary and faith-based wilderness experiences. Scholarships for the youth are raised by friends of the ministry as they participate in adventures designed for them, such as NPA’s annual bicycle ride across Texas.
The at-risk teen brings only his/her own clothing, all other gear and food are completely supplied through this ministry – alleviating any financial burden and removing as many obstacles as possible for parents or care-givers to allow their child to participate in this life-changing challenge.
NPA offers a unique experience with engaging programming that includes:
- Small groups, with a low participant-to-staff ratio, participate throughout the summer in NPA’s wilderness programs.
- 7 days backpacking along the Colorado Trail and summiting a 14,000 foot peak
- 14 days of backpacking and rock climbing in the Colorado Rockies
- Kayak and Bicycle adventures
- Additional meetings with youth offenders, to intentionally prepare their hearts to receive the Good News of God’s Word while on a wilderness experience
- Intentional meetings and interaction with the parents and care-givers of these at-risk teens, preparing them to assist their young person to live the decisions and new path they might choose while on the trail.
How It Works
The youth are selected by their probation officers and receive a full scholarship to attend one of NPA’s non-punitive, voluntary and faith-based wilderness experiences.
We aim to reach juveniles on probation and rescue youth who are victims of human trafficking.
We work with youth pastors, parents, and school counselors to identify youth that are beginning to show signs of at-risk behavior and get them involved in one of New Path’s adventures. NPA assists parents and caregivers by offering support and follow-up to their teen upon their return from their wilderness experience.