November 15, 2017. Luke 24, John 20-21.
All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them. –Galileo Galilei
Let’s discover some truths of the accounts of Jesus’ resurrection, through the Gospel writings of Luke and John.
- The stone had been rolled away from the tomb. (Luke 24:2)
- The body of the Lord Jesus was not in the tomb. (Luke 24:3)
- He is Risen! (Luke 24:6)
- Jesus had already foretold of this event-His words are true and can be trusted to be fulfilled.
(Luke 24:7) The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.
- Jesus’ resurrected body stood before His disciples as He showed them his pierced hands and feet, and asked for food.
- Jesus gave comprehension and understanding to the scriptures (Luke 24:45)
- It was necessary for Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day. (Luke 24:46)
- Remission and repentance of sin should be done individually and shared in His name, to every one in every nation. (Luke 24:47)
- He blessed them and ascended up to heaven. (Luke 24:51)
- The Hebrew tradition of the folded napkin found in the tomb where Jesus was, would signify that Jesus, the Master was “Not finished yet.” And “I am coming back!” (John 20:7)
- Jesus calls us by name, and we can recognize His voice in the midst of chaos and the unknown. (John 20:16)
- Jesus wants to bring us peace. (John 20:21)
- It will take faith today to believe in The Risen Savior of yesterday. (John 20:29)
- All this is written in the gospels that we would believe and have life in His name. (John 20:31)
- Jesus is patient with our unbelief and questions (John 21:14)
- There is accountability of our devotion to Jesus. (John 21:15)
- Jesus prophesied the death of Peter as a result of following Jesus. (John 21:18,19)
- The world itself could not contain all that Jesus has and will do.
(John 21:25) And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen.
Oh for all to make the decision to discover Who Jesus truly is!
To be challenged to discover more of His truths!
Spending time with a loving Savior, we either discover or rediscover all that He has and wants for us as His children!
His love and guidance will be endless, when we discover the path He has for us to follow after Him.
We don’t have to wait to discover that the caterpillar really does turn into a beautiful butterfly, or that Jesus really is the beginning and the end!
He laid His beautiful story in front of us, to discover on our own, the free gift of Jesus!